I’m Brooke & I’m Obese…
There was something peaceful about writing that . It doesn’t sugar coat the fact that my BMI is 37, and I need to urgently focus on my health before it’s too late.
I care about myself. I want better for myself. I NEED better for myself.
Sometimes I let my emotions get the best of me. AKA – I’m a notorious emotional eater. I will find any excuse to eat my feelings. Not even the sad feelings, but also happy ones. It’s a tough truth to come to, but it’s part of my journey to get better. Food and I have a serious love hate relationship. I hate it until I get hungry, and then all bets are off.
Here are my goals:
- Use the WW (Weight Watchers) program for losing weight and improving my lifestyle. I will use the digital tools such as tracking food on my phone, as well as attend the weekly workshops.
- Start with small fitness goals and work my way up. Some of my first goals will be:
- Having consistent 10,000 step days
- Take my dog on more walks
- Get to the gym around 1-2 times a week
- Get creative by doing fun activities like cardio drumming
- I want this journey to overall feel effortless and non-restricting. I want to be happy about what I am doing and what I am eating. Otherwise, old habits will creep back up.
There is something about blogging this journey that has me more inspired than just doing it by myself. I want my readers to not feel alone when they first start trying to lose weight and get fit. I want to share my success as well as share my failures with you (In hopes that you can avoid them).
From week 1 to week ?, I will share the meals I ate, the activities I participated in, and hopefully the weight I lost.
I look forward to all the positive changes, and hope you’ll tag along too!