It’s been a minute, but I’m so happy to report on some great success within the last few weeks.
If you’re like me, the end of the year is total madness. I can’t believe we are approaching Thanksgiving. I could have sworn that Halloween was just last week. Even though I’ve been insanely busy with traveling, being sick, house repairs, and holiday prepping, I am happy to report weight loss for the last 3 weeks! Let’s jump into it.
At week 2, I weighed in at 232lbs, and on 11/16 I weighed in at 229.8lbs. This is a total loss of 2.2lbs!
Here is a snapshot of my week by week updates starting at week 3 and ending at week 5.
Week 3 Update:
On 11/02, I weighed in at 230.8lbs. This was a loss of -1.2lbs from week 2!
- I made a point to buy my Halloween candy at the last minute. This allowed me to avoid as much sugar temptation as possible.
- Consistently ate throughout the day. This was a challenge I had in week 2. I would get so busy with work and forget to eat lunch. This week I remembered, and the results show.
- As it gets colder, I find myself craving a lot more carbs. Halloween was especially cold and rainy. I ended up eating a few too many slices of pizza, and a bit of Halloween candy.
- I also got sick and was particularly unmotivated to get to the gym or eat clean and healthy. I still tried my best though!
Week 4 Update:
On 11/06, I weighed in at 230.2lbs. This was a loss of -0.6lbs from week 3!
*I’d like to note that week 4 weigh in was only a few days after my week 3 weigh in. I did this, because I was traveling to Vegas and needed to get my weigh in accounted for before leaving. *
- I consistently ate throughout the day.
- I made a point to walk to/from my work from the parking garage.
- I ate all deliciously healthy food! I didn’t go out or splurge my points on ice cream or anything crazy.
- Just a few days before leaving for Vegas, part of our basement flooded. This was unexpected and stressful as I was dropping off Mitchell at the airport only 2 hours after discovering this issue. My body and stress are like oil and water…not good.
Week 5 Update:
On 11/16, I weighed in at 229.8lbs. This was a loss of -0.4lbs from week 4!
- My step count increased by 25,000 steps, because of all the walking we did…Thanks, Vegas!
- I kept my drinking in moderation and did not opt for fancy drinks that were high in points.
- I continued to track my points even though I was on vacation.
- If you’re up to date on WW news, you may know that they launched a new program. I chose the green plan and love it! I’m also still readjusting to the change in points. It’s not that big of a challenge, but something I’ve been focused on.
- I’m also trying to break past these .4 and .6lbs lost. Don’t get me wrong, I am very grateful that I am consistently losing. I know I could be losing more weigh, especially at this point in my journey.
I set a goal for myself to lose 15 pounds before the end of 2019. With hard work and dedication, I know I can accomplish the remaining 7.4lbs to lose (I’ve already lost 7.6lbs, so I’m halfway there!).
Even with Thanksgiving and other holiday events approaching, I’m confident in my ability to not over-indulge.