One of my favorite activities to getting fit is increasing my steps every day. This is a perfect long term strategy to improve your fitness levels without going overboard.
Here are 8 ways to increase your steps every day:
- Park Further Away
- This is easy enough – just park your car towards the back of the parking lot and get a few extra steps in.
- Pace During Your Next Call or TV Show
- A quick 30 minute phone call can add hundreds of additional steps to your day.
- At Work: Walk to a Coworker Instead of Emailing Them
- Rather than sending them a quick message, go see your colleague face to face. This will add in tons of extra steps!
- Partner Up
- Having a partner can help with accountability. Establish a daily/weekly time to meet up and go for a walk.
- Take a Walk at Lunch
- Taking a quick stroll before or after lunch is a great idea and the fresh air will do you good.
- Competition Anyone?
- A little friendly competition is a great way to get extra steps in. I am currently in a step challenge for work as well as step challenges with my FitBit friends!
- Take The Stairs
- Avoid elevators and escalators to rack up steps instead. Using stairs also provides a little energy boost too.
- End Your Trip Early
- Get off the bus or out of your Uber/Lyft a block or two away from your destination and walk the rest of the way.
How do you like to increase your step count every day? Comment below!